A brief checklist of items to review include:
- Cloud: Ensure backups are up to date and that you have enough space within your subscription for a full backup.
- Local Physical: Ensure backups are up to date and are in safe location (i.e. not in a low-lying area in case of the potential for flooding/water damage). If you do not have a cloud backup in conjunction with a local backup, it is suggested that you store a second copy of the backup in a safe, alternate physical location.
- System Updates (Server, Workstation, and Network Devices)
- Please make sure that no system updates (inclusive of Servers, Workstations, and network devices) are scheduled to occur during the “shock period”, having the machine/device unexpectedly shut down during an update is a certain recipe for disaster as this can corrupt the machine/device and render it unusable (at which point it would have to be replaced by using an image if a restore point is not available).
- Contingency Planning with SAM IT for Support
- If you plan to be open immediately before/after the storm, please communicate your plans to SAM IT so that we may include you within our planning preparations in case onsite support is needed. You are automatically included if you are service based business who is open for extended hours (examples include grocery stores, gas stations, urgent cares, etc.).
We are here in case you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at 919-800-0044 in case you have any doubts.
Image Credits: NOAA.